My Ping in TotalPing.com My Zimbio

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Slap at Obama, Romney, or both ??? Jimmy Carter: I’d be ‘comfortable’ with Mitt Romney






Former President Jimmy Carter said he expects President Obama to win reelection, but Mitt Romney would be his top choice on the Republican side.

"I think of all the Republican candidates who are prominent, I think Romney would be the one I would rather see have a slight possibility to be president," on MSNBC's "Jansing & Co" in an interview that aired Wednesday.

When pressed on whether he would be "comfortable" with a Romney presidency, Carter responded, "I would rather have a Democrat, but I would be comfortable."

"I think Romney has shown in his past, in his previous years as a moderate, a progressive that he was fairly competent as a governor and also running the Olympics. As you know, he has a good solid family," Carter said.
Carter accused Romney of going to the "extreme right wing" to win in the GOP primary, but said he believes candidates on both sides of the aisle tend to move toward the middle during the general election.

"I think he's gone too far in the conservative positions to suit the average American, that's why I think President Obama is going to be reelected," he said.  More